Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Our client, a financially stable, reputable company is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join their IT / Infrastructure team in Dallas, TX or New York, NY as a full-time employee. The Technical Support Engineer will have a hands-on role in deploying and sustaining both the systems and applications directly utilized by end-users. This individual will work closely with both Front and Back Office employees to support their technology needs. Collaboration with talented and driven technology professionals will also be necessary to deliver solutions built primarily on the Microsoft platform. The IT team has a strong track record of implementing the latest relevant technologies and managing a highly-available infrastructure. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits, relocation assistance, and tremendous opportunities for growth!
* Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or closely related field is strongly preferred.
* 2-4+ years of relevant work experience providing IT support to enterprise clients.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite and Active Directory.
* Availability for night and weekend work, as well as light travel.
* Knowledge of desktop and server hardware, including performance optimization.
* Fundamental knowledge of IP networking, routing, and system security.
* Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, and management tools.
* Experience supporting Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Group Policies, SCCM, Exchange, and Domains.
* Experience utilizing PowerShell in management of systems is strongly preferred.
* Proven technical documentation and task prioritization skills.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong customer service experience.
* Insatiable level of technical curiosity, and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
* Must be a self-starter, have a personable demeanor, attention to detail, and an unrelenting drive to determine and implement effective solutions.
* Desire to grow and be promoted to the next level role.
* Must be physically able to lift and carry computers and other related equipment of up to 50+ lbs.
* Programming and scripting languages such as Python, Visual Basic, VBscript or similar scripting / programming knowledge.
* Knowledge / support of Unix / Linux inclusive of RHEL or Centos.
* Hedge Fund, Trading, Securities, Investments or similar industry experience.
* Knowledge of coding best practices in usage with code control via version control and repositories.
* Knowledge of configuration management systems and automation technologies such as Ansible.
* Experience managing projects including milestones and target completion dates.
* Imaging solutions such as Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
* Software management including repackaging, scripted installations and deployment.
* Messaging and collaboration systems, such as Exchange, Lync and SharePoint.
* Leading technical training, both one-on-one and in group sessions.
* MCP / MCSE / CCNA or equivalent.