Our client, a financially stable, established company is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their IT / Infrastructure team in Dallas, TX as a full-time employee. The Systems Engineer will work closely with talented and driven technology professionals to support highly available and complex enterprise infrastructure. The infrastructure is comprised of solutions including high-density data centers, 700+ servers, virtualization, high-performance compute clusters, tiered storage solutions, and the Microsoft infrastructure suite. This position will entail supporting, maintaining, automating and enhancing enterprise infrastructure. The IT team has a strong track record of managing an infrastructure utilizing best in class technology solutions, applying the latest relevant technologies and providing excellent customer service. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits, relocation assistance and tremendous opportunities for growth!
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related field is strongly preferred.
* 2-5 years of progressive working experience supporting heterogeneous infrastructures in a Windows environment.
* Experience with managing server hardware solutions, including performance optimization.
* Experience monitoring systems, such as SCOM, Solarwinds and Nagios.
* Experience managing Active Directory, Exchange and messaging / collaboration systems in an enterprise environment.
* Experience with VMware in provisioning / supporting virtual servers and desktops.
* Experience utilizing PowerShell in management of systems.
* Fundamental knowledge of network switching, routing and firewall technology.
* Detail and process-oriented team player with the ability to work well within a nimble team.
* Technical proficiency, insatiable level of technical curiosity and desire to grow.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong customer service experience.
* Must be physically able to lift and carry computers and other related equipment of up to 50+ lbs.
* Understanding of programming concepts and different programming methodologies.
* Working knowledge of configuration management and automation technologies.
* Experience performing product evaluations and developing business case proposals.
* Software management including repackaging, scripted installations and deployment.
* Python, Visual Basic, VBScript, Shell scripting or similar scripting / programming languages.
* Prior experience with desktop support or end user support.
* Prior experience with managing projects including milestones and target completion dates.
* Unix / Linux experience.
* MCP / MCSE / CCNA or equivalent.
* Hedge Fund, Trading, Securities, Investments and/or similar industry experience.