Our client, an industry-leading, fast-growing company is looking for several Substation Technicians to join their team as a full-time employee. There are openings in Washington, DC; Raleigh, NC; Richmond, VA; and Indianapolis, IN. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, relocation assistance, company vehicle and opportunities for promotion!
• Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams and engineering personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and determine optimum equipment functioning.
• Prepare and maintain reports detailing all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed.
• Troubleshoot, repair, replace and clean equipment and components in a substation.
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with High (69kv - 750kV), Medium (4160v-13800 Volts OR 12470 Medium Voltage) and Low (480v - 600 Volts) voltage testing of electrical power equipment.
* Knowledge of the following equipment: Circuit Breakers, LV / MV / HV; Transformers; Switchgear; Motors; PTs; CCVTs.
* Experience with the following test equipment: Power Factor; Ductor; Megger; CT ration & saturation; Hi-Pot.
* Highly motivated self-starter with desire to learn.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* NETA certified a plus, but not required.
* Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in Electrical / Electronic technology, or Military experience preferred, but not required.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.