Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Our client, a reputable, growing organization is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Richmond, CA as a full-time employee. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer researches and carries out the most complex or innovative engineering assignments requiring the development of new or improved methods, techniques and procedures. In this role, you contribute to and have responsibility for completion of significant special assignments with broad product, technology investment and integration, customer and strategic impact. This role is focused on being a change agent by implementing changes in efficiencies and best practices in a high-volume and multi-product manufacturing environment. This role requires strong hands-on experience working on the plant floor with the various functions necessary to successfully manufacture products. Our client offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, great benefits and relo assistance!
* BS in Mechanical Engineering. MS/Ph.D. preferred.
* 15+ years of hands‐on manufacturing engineering experience ideally with precision machined parts and assemblies with tight tolerances and high levels of product reliability.
* Strong engineering fundamentals and manufacturing practices with ability to demonstrate that manufacturing designs/solutions (i.e. tooling, fixtures, automation, assembly/test stations, etc.) are technically sound through analysis, calculations, data, etc.
* Experience with structured problem solving/root cause analysis (e.g. fishbone, 5‐why, 8D, PFMEA, etc.)
* Ability to analyze/interpret data and identify/drive data‐based solutions to resolve production issues including first pass yield, scrap, etc.
* Understanding of industry standards for safety/ergonomics and ability to apply to production processes, equipment, assembly/test stations.
* Understanding of lean manufacturing principles and ability to implement in production (one‐ piece/continuous flow, kaizen, standard work, etc.).
* Must have Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt preferred).
* Ability to lead production kaizens and mentor production teams.
* Ability to implement automated solutions for manual production processes.
* Experience with balance charts, capacity planning, time studies, routings.
* Demonstrated ability to drive cost savings and productivity improvements.
* Experience implementing new product designs into production.
* Capability and skills to drive solutions for complex manufacturing issues.
* Ability to multi‐task assignments/projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have:
* Experience with high-pressure products/equipment and designing high-pressure test systems.
* Experience in a controlled/regulated work environment (e.g. semiconductor, medical device, aerospace, automotive, etc.).
* Experience with advanced manufacturing technology (e.g. robotics, automation, additive manufacturing, etc.)