Our client, a fast-growing logistics company is looking for a MS SQL Developer to join their team in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago as a full-time employee. As part of the IT Services team and reporting to the Senior Director of IT Services, the SQL Developer will support the SQL environment including the warehouse management system ( WMS ), and data warehouse. The SQL Developer will be an integral part of the client onboarding and implementation process. As the SQL Developer you will support applications ( WMS, Great Plains financial ), Data Warehouse with SSRS and SSIS, ETL work, Tableau, transportation management system ( TMS ) and pulling info from there, helping out with other DBA focused work, baselining performance, maintaining and improving databases, etc. In addition, you'll be responsible for configuring the WMS application as needed to meet the 3PL environment needs of internal and external clients. Working with all levels of the organization, the SQL Developer will provide support for questions/issues. The SQL Developer will be involved in numerous facets of the 3PL business including, order processing ( picking, shipping, receiving, etc. ), and will interact with customers. In this role, you will provide a reasonable assessment of the time and effort to complete a requested task. Our client offers a supportive work environment, training and a competitive compensation package, including bonus and great benefits!
* 3+ years of solid SQL experience.
* Experience with creating SQL tables, stored procedures, queries, SSRS reports and SSIS packages.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and performance tune Microsoft SQL databases and clusters.
* Experience working with warehouse management systems ( WMS ) or ERPs.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with groups of managers, clients, and customers.
* Ability to analyze complex issues related to performance, and efficiency.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Bachelor’s Degree ( B.A. or B.S. ), or equivalent technical certification (i.e. MCSA, etc.) is desirable.
* Flexibility to be on a 24x7 on-call rotation as needed.
* Infrequent travel for conferences, or rare on-site client visits.
* Manhattan SCALE WMS experience is a strong plus.
* Exposure to .NET, Zebra label code, Tableau, data warehousing or other programming.
* Knowledge of database design with concurrency optimization.