Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Our client, a financially stable, reputable company is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their Information Technology team in Dallas, TX as a full-time employee. The Senior Network Engineer will provide life-cycle support of fully converged data, voice, and video infrastructure. This individual will work closely with talented and driven technology professionals to deliver solutions built primarily on Cisco, Palo Alto, Riverbed, F5 and Avaya platforms. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits and relocation assistance!
* Configuring and supporting complex routing solutions utilizing BGP and OSPF.
* Configuring and supporting security solutions including next-generation firewalls and vulnerability management solutions.
* Designing, implementing and supporting highly available WAN optimization, wireless controllers, load-balancers, and datacenter networks.
* Perform product evaluations and develop business use case proposals.
* Monitoring network performance to ensure system availability and reliability.
* Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
* Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
* Provide level 2/3 support and share in the 24 x 7 support responsibilities for the international network.
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution globally.
* Apply infrastructure as code principles to the network configurations utilizing tools like Ansible and Terraform.
* 6+ years of professional experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex network infrastructures including Cisco routers and switches. Candidates from very large environments with siloed positions will not be a fit.
* Seek efficiencies through automation of routine tasks and configurations.
* Thought leader with proven track-record in providing value-adding solutions.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to distill technical information to C-level.
* Proven advanced troubleshooting methodology and problem-solving skills.
* Detail and process-oriented member of a nimble team.
* Ability to manage an active task/project list and consistently meet deadlines.
* Strong passion for technology.
* Financial experience is not a prerequisite, but an interest in the application of technology to support an investment management environment is a must.
* CCNP or CCIE Router / Switches Certification.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field with a 3.0+ GPA is strongly desired. Candidates with an Associate's Degree and extremely strong work history will be considered.
* Experience with advanced security solutions.
* Experience with supporting or implementing IP Telephony infrastructures including IP PBXs and SIP gateways.
* Hands-on experience supporting Windows or Linux Servers.
* Experience with and/or aptitude and desire to learn Ansible.