Our client, an established, growing food safety technology company is looking for a Sales Manager to join their team in the North Side of Chicago, IL as a full-time employee. This is truly a great opportunity to be part of a start-up brand within an existing company. The Sales Manager will build an outstanding sales team, lead them and be on the front line with customer consultation, rapport building, creating opportunities, and achieving the company goals with food safety decision makers. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated record of accomplishment meeting and exceeding goals as an individual contributor and as a team leader. The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for achieving the commercial budget (sales, margin) by successfully driving the implementation of sales operations and optimizing sales performance for proprietary systems. Our client offers the opportunity to be part of an organization with deep history, and instrumental in supporting the company's continued growth.
* B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, or Life Sciences. MBA preferred.
* 5+ years' of sales success in brand growth and new product launch.
* Demonstrated success with consultative sales.
* Experience being an effective team member of a start-up operation.
* Demonstrated ability to articulate the rapid and traditional methods of pathogen detection.
* Strong employee motivation and management, coordination, organization, team building and communication skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints.
* Ability to effectively present information to groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
* Ability to establish, manage and achieve global sales results.
* Skilled at creating, evaluating and communicating sales and financial reports.
* Willingness to adhere to existing structures, procedures and policies.
* Nationwide travel 50-75% of the time. Must work in the Chicago office when not traveling.