Our client, a reputable, established manufacturing company is looking for a Quality Manager to join their team in the greater South Bend, Indiana area, as a full-time employee. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality Manager leads quality initiatives for the plant. This role should serve as the manufacturing plant representative for quality related customer visits and initiatives, as well as directing and supervising the work of the quality technicians assigned to the facility. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including relocation assistance and great benefits!
* Provide direction, leadership, and development plans for the Quality Engineer, Quality Clerk and Quality Technicians.
* Primary contact for quality related customer concerns and issues. Related activities to include: Participating in customer and plant tours, Review of quality issues / non-conforming product at customers’ facilities.
* Responsible for tracking and managing Corrective Actions. This includes: Coaching / training effective root cause techniques, leading or participating in corrective action teams, performing verification of effectiveness.
* Document and report on non-conforming product and scrap.
* Ensure inspections are performed according to established processes.
* Process ECN and new part launch paperwork as needed.
* Maintain PFMEA and Control plans.
* Produce reports that identify, quantify, and communicate improvement opportunities.
* Analyze / observe product (as needed) through the entire value stream.
* Participate in new product launches, anticipating measurement and processing needs.
* Manage the PPAP / part qualification process.
* Manage certification of plant in IATF Standards.
* Bachelor’s Degree required in Quality, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience with demonstrated experience in applying principles.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Factory / Production environment.
* Knowledge and experience in the use of measurement devices (go-no go fixtures and gauges, comparator, height gauge, calipers, etc.). CMM experience preferred.
* Experience and good understanding of AIAG - PPAP, APQP, MSE, SPC, & FMEA Tools.
* ISO 9001 experience required. IATF / TS 16949 / ISO 14001 experience is a plus.
* Tier 1 & 2 automotive experience is a plus. Otherwise at a minimum, must understand why it’s important to OEMs.
* Familiarity with metals industry preferred.
* American Society for Quality ( ASQ ) membership preferred.
* Familiarity with DMAIC, Lean principles and Six Sigma required, with experience in these areas preferred. Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is preferred.
* Experience with 8D, 7-Step, C&E, & 5 why problem-solving methods.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Perform data analysis and generate graphs.
* Lift up to 25 pounds
* Mobility to observe manufacturing operations at the point of origin.
* Good written and oral communication with internal and external customers.
* Flexibility to travel within a 200-mile radius 10-15% of the time.