Our client, a reputable, financially-sound company is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team in the Lebanon, TN area as a full-time employee. As a Project Engineer, you will: Plan and direct projects through completion in a safe and efficient manner; Manage in-house and/or outside contracted labor and materials, purchasing, cost control, schedule of tasks, installation procedures, debugging, and close out; Establish expected results, budget tracking cost control, invoice approval, and project status reporting; Demonstrate ability to provide early detection of potential deviation from cost estimates, as well as recommend corrective action to project teams and senior management; Conduct various studies aimed at getting a better understanding of current problems, situations, and providing recommended solutions; Provide leadership in meetings and various training sessions. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, great benefits, relocation assistance and an opportunity to move up the ranks!
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
* 6-10 years of experience in maintenance, engineering, and technical responsibilities in a manufacturing environment, or experience working for a consulting firm offering related equipment installation, modification and improvement services.
* Experience working with control systems (i.e. PLCs, automation, etc.), including the knowledge of what programming can do for different equipment (you won't need to do the actual programming).
* Experience working with purchasing, contracted labor and materials, etc.
* Basic design experience (i.e. rudimentary sketches for simple conveyors, belt systems, etc.).
* Must be self-starting, self-motivating and have a track record of excellent performance.
* Ability to travel 5-10% of the time to corporate and sister facilities.
* Pluses: Lean Manufacturing; Process / Continuous Improvement; Knowledge of paint, anodizing, casting, and aluminum extrusion processes; AutoCAD.