PowerBuilder Remote/Part-time Consultant
PowerBuilder Developer - Remote/Part-time Consultant
Excellent role for a PowerBuilder Developer looking for a part-time, remote opportunity. Position will be about 20 hours per week, and will require the selected individual to work on-site for the first 3-4 weeks to become familiar with their environment in Southern Wisconsin. This is perfect for someone who has recently retired, but may be looking for a part-time/work from home opportunity, or someone who is just looking for less than a 40-hr. work week! The selected candidate will be someone who is still excited about technology and looking to make a contribution!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop code, test and debug creative and efficient computer programs using PowerBuilder version 9 and version 11.
- Maintain/Upgrade enhancements of existing code to improve functionality of real-time applications.
- Provide key technical leadership in real-time Systems Integration applications.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Coordinate with Mainframe and other external systems to display real-time data via transactions or SQL stored procedures.
- 5 years of application development / support experience with PowerBuilder V9 and V11.
- Experience with PowerBuilder OLE programming and PowerBuilder EJB client interface to invoke Java class.
- Experience generating Proxy libraries in PowerBuilder.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with server side Java programming using Mainframe or SQL Server 2000 / 2005 on the back end.
- Minimum 4 years of experience using Object Oriented Programming ( OOP ) techniques.
- Minimum 4 years of experience writing stored procedures with SQL Server or Sybase.
- Complete understanding of the logical data model.
- Minimum 2 years of working on Windows API’s.
- Experience creating DTS packages, creating and scheduling DTS jobs with multiple steps.
- Must have strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Candidate must be able to be immediately productive and be capable to work independently.
- Prefer experience in developing interfaces between diverse enterprise level systems.
- Prefer a thorough understanding of data retrieval and updating to and from Mainframe systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant relevant experience.