Our client, an Urgent Care Provider, is seeking Physician Assistants throughout Tennessee and Kentucky. They started with 1 Clinic and 7 employees. Today, they employee over 700 employees with 44 Clinics, and will be opening multiple clinics by the end of 2017. They will be quickly expanding into new markets. They strive to make a difference in people’s lives and embody a great family culture. Their “patient first” mentality has guided their mission to provide convenient and compassionate care to the communities in which they serve.
The Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for assisting in the care of the patient in the Urgent Care setting, as well as providing services for occupational health patients under the supervision of the Physician. As with any other health care professional, the physician assistant and nurse practitioner is charged with being a patient advocate in the medical care system.
- The physician assistant will diagnose and treat patients who present for treatment, obtain a history, perform a physical examination, document the medical record, perform privileged procedures, and provide discharge instructions.
- Order, prescribe or administer medication, IV fluids as per Tennessee and Kentucky State Practice Act, and governed by hospital bylaws.
- Order and evaluate laboratory and other diagnostic tests.
- Initiate referrals and consultations as needed.
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Provide convenient, friendly patient care to all who come through the door seeking health related services.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide guidance to other medical staff (e.g. x-ray technicians, LPN's, front desk staff) to ensure quality professional service and patient satisfaction.