Location : Multiple Locations
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : Yes
Job Description :
Our client, an Urgent Care Provider, is seeking Nurse Practitioners throughout Tennessee and Kentucky. They started with 1 Clinic and 7 employees. Today, they employee over 700 employees with 44 Clinics, and will be opening multiple clinics by the end of 2017. They will be quickly expanding into new markets. They strive to make a difference in people’s lives and embody a great family culture. Their “patient first” mentality has guided their mission to provide convenient and compassionate care to the communities in which they serve.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for assisting in the care of the patient in the Urgent Care setting, as well as providing services for occupational health patients under the supervision of the Physician. As with any other health care professional, the nurse practitioner is charged with being a patient advocate in the medical care system.
Required Qualifications :
- The nurse practitioner will diagnose and treat patients who present for treatment, obtain a history, perform a physical examination, document the medical record, perform privileged procedures, and provide discharge instructions.
- Order, prescribe or administer medication, IV fluids, as per Tennessee and Kentucky State Practice Act, and governed by hospital bylaws.
- Order and evaluate laboratory and other diagnostic tests.
- Initiate referrals and consultations as needed.
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Provide convenient, friendly patient care to all who come through the door seeking health related services.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide guidance to other medical staff (e.g. x-ray technicians, LPN's, front desk staff) to ensure quality professional services and patient satisfaction.
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner, with current license to practice in the state of Tennessee or Kentucky, as determined by the job location. BSN Master’s Degree. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required. The Nurse Practitioner must be licensed to treat infant to geriatric populations. Valid DEA License.
2 years of experience as a provider in a relevant practice, such as Urgent Care or Occupational Medical Facility, ER or Trauma Unit, Family Medical Practice.