Job Description :
National Accounts Manager
The National Accounts Manager leads the company's efforts to maintain and expand relationships with large, multi-location customers. This person is responsible for achieving sales quota and strategic account objectives. The National Accounts Manager will lead and support the sales team’s activities with all national accounts in order to optimize their performance, as well as the development of new accounts. Responsibilities include coordinating sales team schedules and activities with national accounts, monitoring all account reporting in order to ensure proper stocking and sales pull through. This role includes representing the entire range of company products, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers' needs and expectations are met by the company. Sales focus will be both on the headquarters and key buying locations of accounts, along with store locations, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong relationships and customer connections. National Accounts Manager will partner closely with the International Account Manager counterpart, by ensuring frequent communication that include best practices, market conditions, point of sale information, and other sales related information to develop and maintain a very close working relationship. The position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. This position will be in close contact internally and externally. Internally, this position will interact with the sales team, accounting, finance, customer service and the leadership team. Externally, this position will interact with Accountability/Impact.
* Establish productive, professional relationships with key customer accounts.
* Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
* Achieve goals and objectives aimed at profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
* Proactively lead a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
* Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
* Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
* Form a strong partnership with the International Account Manager counterpart.
* Responsible for vendor agreement document control customers including mass merchants, dealers, and distributors.
1. Represent the company to customers in a highly professional and ethical manner.
2. Develop (with input from cross-functional teams) and deploy comprehensive customer strategies that maximize the profitability and growth across all brands.
3. Articulate a clear understanding of market share, competitive position, and profitability at each assigned account.
4. Work in conjunction with sales management to deploy comprehensive pricing strategies which are market driven, based on value provided the customer and competitive alternatives.
5. Develop and deploy the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and build strong rapport with key decision makers, developing coaches and sponsors at key accounts.
6. Develop proactive new business opportunity (NBO) plans, tracking and recording progress toward sales objectives.
7. Monitor market dynamics, including customer and competitor developments and funnel relevant information to FP&A and sale management for consolidation in market sensing process.
8. Take ownership of total customer satisfaction, monitoring performance on key supplier metrics and pursuing/advocating corrective action plans as appropriate.
9. Develop sales forecasts for use in the long range plan and monitor market trends throughout the year for use in monthly forecast adjustments.
10. Provide global coordination on customer issues where required.
11. Assure account team's compliance with commercial policies including contract review.
12. Manage and motivate a supporting team of sales and customer service personnel as required.
13. Responsible for thorough development plans, training and coaching of subordinates as required.
Administratively manage Sales Operations Team. Operational leadership for the Sales Operations Team
will come from the VP of Sales. The Sales Operations Team will receive ratings on annual
reviews from the VP of Sales with the advice and counsel of the National Accounts Manager as
an intermediate rater.