Maintenance Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift
Our client, an established, fast-paced organization is looking for several Maintenance Technicians to join their team in the Burlington, NC area as a full-time employee. 2nd shift hours are 2:30-11pm and 3rd shift hours are 10:30pm-7am. Our client offers great benefits (including company-paid skills-based training classes), relocation assistance and the opportunity to move up the ranks!
Knowledge and demonstration of:
* Processing instructions and understanding CMMS to enter data
* Ability to read complex electrical schematics and hardwire prints
* Ability to wire to hardwire prints and troubleshoot electrical systems
* National Electrical Code
* Test equipment
* Multiple meters and amp probe
* Ability to run conduit and pulling wire
* Basic understanding of and ability to repair or replace: belt drives, gearboxes, gibs, hydraulic units, pumps, cylinders, pneumatic systems, chain drives, bearings, bushings, heat exchangers
* Basic welding techniques and maintain welding certification, stick, tig, mig, gas (as required)
* Fabricate to blueprint specifications (as required)
* Troubleshoot all mechanical systems
* Practice safe lifting and rigging techniques
* Ability to thread, sweat, braze and hang pipe
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair burners (natural gas and propane)
* Troubleshoot and program PLCs and CNCs
* Electrical test equipment
* PC interface to various controllers
* Troubleshoot and repair stand-alone electronics equipment
* Basic understanding of predictive maintenance techniques ( vibration analysis,fluid analysis, Thermography, and ball bar analysis )
* Understand and apply predictive maintenance techniques
* Develop and perform preventative maintenance tasks in assigned areas
* Identify repetitive failures and implement corrective actions
* Industrial electrical skills (not HVAC, etc.).
* Strong PLC knowledge ( Allen Bradley preferred ).
* Strong knowledge of industrial systems ( Servo Motors, VFDs, etc. ).
* Hands-on mechanical skills ( CNC equipment preferred ).
* Ability to work overtime every other weekend (12 days on, 2 days off). Overtime will be paid at time and a half.
* Automotive Machining experience is strongly preferred. Will consider candidates from another general Machining fast-paced environment (machines can't be down for more than a couple of hours).
* Pluses: Robotics knowledge; Mechatronics Engineering Degree.