Electrical Controls Designer
Location : Port Washington, WI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Electrical Controls Designer
Our client, an established, stable company is looking for an Electrical Controls Designer to join their team in Port Washington, WI as a full-time employee. Under the direction of the Vice President of Technical Services, the Electrical Controls Designer provides technical support for small to mid scale projects; Typically, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new products lines or improvements in existing product lines. The Electrical Controls Designer drives root cause analysis using technical knowledge. Our client offers stability and opportunities to elevate your skill set, competencies and level of responsibility along with an attractive benefits program.
* Develop electrical control panel drawings and generate bills of material.
* Support the build and installation of custom control systems / panels.
* Modify electrical designs and layout.
* Assist with validation design, execution, and report writing.
* Conduct root cause analysis and provide troubleshooting support for machinery.
* Provide engineering assistance to improve plant safety.
* Research new technology and provide recommendations.
* Occasional project management within cost and time constrained environments.
Required Qualifications :
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related field. A degree from a technical school with a strong focus in PLC Programming will be considered.
* 5 years of industry experience with control systems, including 2-4 years of PLC programming specifically.
* Candidates who are graduating in May and have had significant internship and project experiencem or candidates with less years of work experience, but strong PLC Programming skills will be considered.
* Pneumatic systems and troubleshooting experience.
* Recent AutoCAD experience required. AutoCAD Electrical experience is preferred.
* Must be proficient in the application of AC, DC, and Servo Drives.
* Strong organizational, time management, detail orientation, coordination, prioritization, multi-tasking, project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Solid interpersonal skills, able to build and support the team, and work with multiple-levels of personnel.
* Strong mathematical concepts knowledge such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Strong PC Skills including Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint ), as well as experience with Gmail and Google Apps.
* Familiarity with Rockwell and Allen Bradley systems is a plus.