Director, Supply Chain
Director of Supply Chain
Our client, a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Rochester, NY is looking for a Director of Supply Chain to join their team as a full-time employee. The Director of Supply Chain role offers a great opportunity with a rapidly growing company that has the potential to lead to greater responsibility and promotions quickly. The Director of Supply Chain role is a critical addition to the team with high visibility within the organization. This role reports to the COO.
1. The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
2. The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all clients and employees.
3. The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
4. Ability to comply with Company Standards of Operations.
5. Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company.
6. Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
7. Develop financial models and tools to evaluate and analyze purchase decisions.
8. Trend actuals to budgets by monitoring purchases and manage through forecasting.
9. Establish Purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
10. Assist in creating and maintaining financial reports using company operating and financial systems to improve efficiencies in purchasing.
11. Build financial statement forecast models in collaboration with Finance Department and COO for large spend items. ·
12. Assist COO in compiling and analyzing accounting and operational information to support strategic initiatives
13. Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies.
14. Develop departmental goals and objectives.
15. Review supplier contracts and corresponding controls to maximize volume discounts and internal controls.
16. Establish new relationships in situations where current vendor is inadequate.
17. Create and maintain sound, positive long-term relationships with suppliers, as well as internal staff.
18. Evaluate vendor efficiency and service, as well as product quality.
19. Conduct research to determine the best products and suppliers in terms of value and delivery.
20. Develop new supply sources as needed.
21. Negotiate and agree to contracts and monitor their progress - checking the quality of service provided.
22. Create allocation process to properly distribute expenses and fixed assets associated with blanket purchase orders.
23. Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and/or equipment.
24. Review requisitions to ascertain appropriate approval levels.
25. Keep a constant check on stock levels to maximize business efficiency.
26. Work with Senior Management to establish proper equipment requirements while maintaining budgetary consistency.
27. Contribute to the annual budget process.
28. Perform special projects/analysis as requested by management.
29. Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
30. Maintain purchasing information, files, records, etc.
* At least 5-8 years of experience with Manufacturing, Industrial or related Purchasing.
* At least 3 of those years in a managerial position with decision-making capacity.
* 4-year degree in Business Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Economics or Finance.