Director of Risk Control
Director of Risk Control
Our client, a reputable and growing company is looking for an experienced Director of Risk Control to join their team in Chicago, IL as a full-time employee. This is a great opportunity for someone who is system savvy with an ability to lead and provide outstanding service to clients. Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including great benefits and easy train access!
* Lead and direct the Risk Control Department to ensure prompt processing of Commercial & Personal lines claims in an efficient and timely manner to achieve prompt resolution and settlement by working closely with insurers and loss adjusters.
* Direct supervision of Claims Executives. Other responsibilities include managing customer complaints/satisfaction, expense control, monitoring loss cost objectives, and supporting cross-functional and cross-claims specialty coordination.
* Develop and implement best practices and processes for the Risk Control Department.
* Seek new business opportunities with new clients, or expand the role of the company with existing clients.
* Identify elements needed to develop a Risk Control Practice:
- Review client historical information – work with Client Executives to identify opportunities for risk control services and develop a plan.
- Generate leads that can benefit from services provided by the company.
* Liaise with clients, insurers, loss adjusters and other relevant parties when acting as the agent of a client during claims.
* Aggressively advocate for clients in coverage or claim issue disputes.
* Serve as a technical and information resource on claim matters for staff and clients.
* Review policy terms and conditions to analyze coverage for potential claim occurrences.
* Maintain/strengthen relationships with client decision makers, insurance buyers, and insurance company contacts.
* Determine risk management relationships with client decision makers, insurance buyers, and insurance company contacts.
* Prepare individualized client claim service handling instructions with carriers and TPAs.
* Coordinate and oversee delivery of agreed claim service from carriers and TPAs.
* Conduct TPA search upon request:
- Prepare RFP
- Review Proposals
- Coordinate Finalist Oral Presentations and office visits
- Facilitate client selection of TPA
- Final negotiations of terms
- Oversee implementation and monitor TPA claim service on an ongoing basis
* Bachelor’s Degree
* 7+ years of claims experience with strong hands-on coverage background in General Liability, Product Liability, Employment Practices, and Workers Compensation
* Insurance brokerage (strongly preferred) or relevant experience
* Consulting background is desired
* Comfort with and ability to make service recommendations to prospective and existing clients
* Ability to demonstrate leadership, communication, analytical, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
* Experience using an agency management software; Applied TAM is a plus
* Microsoft Office ( Advanced Excel; Proficient Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook )
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to travel around 6 times a year mostly in the US, and sometimes Canada