Our client, an Urgent Care Provider, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer in TN. They started with 1 Clinic and 7 employees. Today, they employee over 700 employees with 44 Clinics, and will be opening multiple clinics by the end of 2017. They will be quickly expanding into new markets. They strive to make a difference in people’s lives and embody a great family culture. Their “patient first” mentality has guided their mission to provide convenient and compassionate care to the communities in which they serve.
* The Chief Financial Officer ( CFO ) serves as a key member of the senior team and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the organization's strategic financial plans and priorities.
* Support the CEO in achieving top-line revenue and profitability targets while maintaining focus on executing organic growth opportunities while delivering strategic acquisitions/new build plans.
* Study and interpret financial and statistical trends; project financial needs through the annual budgeting process; plan and recommend courses of action to accomplish desired results; and implement financial plans designed to achieve organizational priorities.
* Responsible for the development, interpretation, coordination and administration of the organization's policies on finance, budgeting, patient financial services, payer contracting, accounting, internal financial controls, and procedures to adequately safeguard the assets of the organization.
* Responsible for short and long-term financial planning, capital and operational planning, capital accumulation, revenue generation, financial evaluation of new programs/services, and expense management activities.
* Responsible for developing and executing payer contracting strategies.
* Oversee all finance functions for the organization including: Finance, Accounting, Decision Support, Patient Access, Health Information Management, Patient Financial Services, Materials Management, Payer Contracting, and Construction & Property Management.
* Lead and direct financial feasibility studies/efforts that include financial modeling and proformas for the assessment and development of new business ventures.
* Provide broad oversight to the Finance functions.
* Attend the Board meetings to present financial information.
* Responsible for Revenue Cycle oversight and implementing continuous process improvements aimed at achieving best practices for Revenue Cycle performance.
* Provide records for independent audits and external disclosures of financial results including the annual financial report, Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, etc.
* Ensure that generally accepted accounting principles ( GAAP ), governmental accounting standard board ( GASB ) principles, as well as specific state and financial record keeping and reporting requirements are met.
* Stay current and ensure staff is aware of CMS regulations, Federal congressional actions and deliberations, and state and local decisions influencing fiscal management of the Healthcare System. Ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by governmental/regulatory agencies or third party payors within areas of responsibility.
* Develop financial policies and operating procedures to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Finance Division.
* Certified Public Accountant ( CPA ) highly desirable.
* Master's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related area is highly desirable.
* 10-15 years of progressively responsible financial management experience in a complex healthcare environment.
* 5-10 years of experience as the Senior Financial Executive, including exceptional track record of operating performance, capital financing/refinancing experience.