Our client, an established, growing food safety technology company is looking for an Applications Engineer to join their team in the North Side of Chicago, IL as a full-time employee. This is truly a great opportunity to be part of a start-up brand within an existing company. The Applications Engineer will be primarily responsible for all product development engineering and technical support of the detection units in operation at customer sites. The system is comprised of an Analytical Instrument, a User Interface on an iPad and a Consumable Diagnostic Test Kit. The Applications Engineer is responsible for management of product improvements and updates based on customer feedback including Hardware, Software, and Consumable engineering changes. Our client offers the opportunity to be part of an organization with deep history, and instrumental in supporting the company's continued growth.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering ( EE ), Mechanical Engineering ( ME ), Manufacturing Engineer ( ME ) or other related technical fields. MBA is a strong plus.
* 5+ years’ experience in Food Testing, Pathogen Testing, Chemical Testing, Life Sciences, Instrumentation, Semiconductor, Scientific, or similar equipment.
* Demonstrated success leading a complex product development program from the early stages to market introduction.
* Hands-on Applications Engineering experience in at least three of the following areas: motion control, temperature control, automation, lasers, spectroscopic detectors, or electronics.
* Software management experience or cross-functional experience guiding development of instrument control and applications software.
* Expert user of Microsoft Project.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, coordination, organization and team building skills.
* Ability to work individually or in a group setting, and under pressure with time constraints.
* Ability to successfully present technical information.
* Nationwide travel up to around 20% of the time.